Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Here I Am!


























Just got ten postcards finished for Virginia Spiegle's Art for a Cause for the American Cancer Society to sell at the Chicago show. They are all "Study in Orange" and were done with a monoprint, then rubbings, stamping, fused shiny organza and then satin stitched.

I've been in Phoenix for two weeks and have been really sick with a cold. So, things that I had planned to do while I was gone I wasn't able to do except to take new work to the Textures Gallery in Scottsdale.

5 comments:

Olga Norris said...

These are just brilliant: superficially simple so they hook the viewer in with a dramatic composition; but also complex so that they retain attention and reward many returns. Brava! Great to see such a coherent series too.

cfent said...

cool stuff liz!! as usual...

Gerrie said...

I'm so bummed that we can't buy on line! ! want another liz creation.

Rayna said...

Uh - do you think you've made enough of these?

gabrielle said...

Hope you are feeling better...take care....cool stuff...love the line work the stitching creates...and a late thanks for the comments oon the paintings. I am finally home until the 26th....hardly recognized the place.