Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's Getting Real!

Just got an edited version in the magazine set up for my article on "The Art of Abstraction" for Quilting Arts. This is about abstraction from a photograph and discusses the elements of design.

Oh, my goodness, they sure make me look good! It is so exciting to see what it will look like when the magazine comes out...this is for the spring issue of Quilting Arts.

Didn't know I could write so well!!! And they didn't even have to change very much! And the layout is absolutely wonderful...did I say...six pages? Yes, SIX PAGES!

And now I have to get started on the second article which will be about principles of design. And come up with some work for it!

I'm so excited!

10 comments:

Rayna said...

How great, Liz! It is a trip being in that magazine. Can't wait to see the article.

Karoda said...

Most wonderful! I'll be waiting with anticipation!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so wonderful. I am so glad that Patricia is publishing something other than covering fabric with stuff and calling it art - whoops - will I get myself in trouble for saying that?

Liz Plummer said...

This sounds wonderful - I can't wait to read it.

Deborah Boschert said...

I can hardly wait! congratulations, Liz.

Jen said...

Congratulations Liz! Can't wait to see your article. Jen

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS Liz!

I look forward to reading the article.

Anonymous said...

Liz, that's WONDERFUL! Can't wait to see it!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I can't wait to see the article, Liz! Like Gerrie, I've not been too happy with Quilting Arts for the past two years. Ironically, I dislike the challenges, yet the self-portrait challenge was the first thing in nearly two years that I think had spectacular Call-your-friend pieces...the kind you have to say Marie, you gotta check this out!

I'm hoping that the content they selected for that issue at QA is a glimmer of a changing editorial policy, and they get back to doing things that are what I would consider art. I'm happy for them to do both, but get frustrated that there hasn't been anything to really get me jazzed in a long time. I know your article will, so here's to hoping! AND hoping that the article brings many good things your way.

Cheers, Sarah

Desiree's Designs said...

How exciting for you,congradulations, I look forward to reading it.