Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Work Sold

The website for Red Cross art sales, www.artdoinggood.com opened up today. Even though they are having some problems with it (had to download foxfire to see the site) work is selling quite well. I spent my $100 on one of Joanie's pieces and I am very excited!

My two pieces sold very quickly. It really amazes me that they sell quickly...my postcards for the American Cancer Society also sold quickly...is it only because it's for a cause? All my other sales have been pretty slow lately.

So, I have decided that I will go ahead and up load some new postcards on my website under small works (in a day or so) and sell them without the mat for $40...maybe I can actually make some money for me! What a concept! Since I don't do much of the lecture and teacher circuit, maybe it's time for me to do some focusing on smaller, more sale-able works.

We will see...

2 comments:

Frances said...

congrats on the raising of red cross funds through donation sales,

I don't think people buy only because it's for a cause but I firmly believe it has great influence, people are more ready to spend when they are being 'charitable',

my interest is are people giving more to the chartities because they get something back or would they have given the same amount anyway, I like to think people give more when they are receiving,

Susan Bingham said...

The beauty of your art is only surpassed by the beauty of your generous heart.

Thanks, Liz, for all you do.